Referral Doctor, Waiting Room, Branded Profile, Last Minute Availabilities and Internal Note are 5 new features that are in line with the mission set by the Luxembourg start-up since its launch at the end of 2013: to facilitate patients’ access to healthcare by easing the workload of doctors’ offices.
The last few months have been synonymous with innovation for the technical teams of Doctena sites/applications. Five additional functionalities have been developed and are now available for medical professionals and their patients. In addition to online appointment booking, Doctena now offers 5 new experiences:
- The Referral Doctor service, which puts GPs and specialists in touch with each other, enabling them to consult their colleagues’ agenda and make appointments directly for their patients on priority time slots.
- Last Minute Booking, which offers the possibility to the patient who has booked an appointment on Doctena to be notified in case a time slot at his practitioner comes to be released earlier – in case of cancellation by another patient, for example.
- The management of the Waiting Room, which allows the secretariat to monitor the status of patients in the office (“in the waiting room”; “in consultation”; “has left”). All members of the practice/medical centre are kept informed in real time of the waiting time.
- Branded Profile, which allows medical practices to customize their profile page on Doctena’s platform to gain visibility and provide a better experience to their patients.
- Internal note, which allows, within the same practice, to send notes to colleagues through the Doctena Pro agenda, in order to establish better communication about patients.
The services are completely free of charge for patients. They always help to simplify the patient’s journey between appointment booking and consultation on the one hand, and the general organisation of medical diaries in the offices on the other hand. The use of these services reduces patients’ waiting times and stress, while allowing a lower cancellation rate and better patient follow-up for physicians.
These innovations meet the high expectations of doctors and patients in terms of experience and organisation. In addition to a 97% satisfaction rate regarding the quality of Doctena’s services, the latest satisfaction survey conducted by the young company in March 2017 highlighted the need for at least one in three patients to take advantage of the opportunity of a last-minute appointment with their practitioner.
The five services are currently offered in beta version and will soon be available in all the European countries where Doctena operates (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg). In the coming weeks, more than 10,000 healthcare professionals will be able to offer an ever faster and less stressful medical experience for patients.